To access the Master in Artistic Education in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage in Europe it will be necessary to have previous training in conservation and restoration (MECES Level 2 / EQF Level 6) accredited by the possession of one of the following degrees:
1. Official higher degree at the undergraduate level:
- Higher degree in conservation and restoration of cultural property.
- Graduate degree in conservation and restoration.
2.A degree equivalent to the above issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area that entitles the holder to access Master's degree courses in the country issuing the degree.
3. Equivalent degree from a higher education institution outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation, after verification by the competent educational administration that it accredits an equivalent level of training. The access by this route will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title of which the interested party is in possession nor its recognition to other effects that the one to study the artistic teachings of Master.
4. Other higher degrees:
- Degree in conservation and restoration of cultural property (equivalent to a university diploma).
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts with specialization or itinerary in conservation and restoration.
Knowledge of languages at B2 level is recommended to facilitate the student's mobility and to be eligible for external internships abroad.Knowledge of languages at B2 level is recommended to facilitate the student's mobility and to be eligible for external internships abroad.
Some subjects may require previous training in certain subjects or specialties (see subject tables)
For admission to the Master, applicants must complete the pre-enrollment form downloadable from this page, also available at the ESCRBC Secretariat, and must be accompanied by the following documentation:
1. Copy of the identity document: NIF, passport, NIE or identity card.
2. Curriculum vitae including academic merits (grade point average, other degrees and related courses or training), experience related to the contents of the degree, and knowledge of languages.
3. Academic degree or proof of having applied for it.
4. Transcript showing the list of subjects, credits (or hours) and the grade obtained in each one of them.
5. Certification of other alleged merits (degrees, language certificates, courses, professional experience, etc.).
6. 6. Motivation letter written by the applicant. The letter must state the reasons (academic, professional, personal) why he/she wants to take this Master's Degree and include his/her contact information (e-mail and telephone) for a possible interview.
In addition to the documentation required in the pre-registration, the Master's Academic Committee may request additional specific documentation. This documentation may be scanned or deposited at the Secretary's Office of the Center within the established deadlines.In addition to the documentation required in the pre-registration, the Master's Academic Committee may request additional specific documentation. This documentation may be scanned or deposited at the Secretary's Office of the Center within the established deadlines.
Prior to enrollment, the original documentation will be requested for the corresponding verification.
Applicants from other countries must demonstrate their knowledge of Spanish.
The Master in Artistic Education in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage in Europe is aimed at graduates in conservation and restoration, with level 2 of the MECES or level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), who want to expand their skills through advanced and multidisciplinary training, which promotes the initiation in research tasks and promotes their integration as professionals in conservation and restoration in an international, especially European, environment.
The Master's program is based on the content of the studies leading to the Higher Degree in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage taught at the ESCRBC(Decree 33/2011), so it is necessary to prove equivalent training. This requirement, in addition to being necessary to guarantee the students' success, will be essential for the ESCRBC Master's graduates to be able to accredit a training consistent with the requirements established for the exercise of the profession in the countries of our environment.
In order to ensure the adequacy of the level of the students to the studies and that the skills acquired are in line with the international standards of the conservation-restoration professional at Master's level, the prior knowledge must be in accordance with the basic contents established by the Ministry of Education for higher artistic education at the undergraduate level in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage (Royal Decree 635/2010). Otherwise, their acquisition may be established by means of the training complements deemed appropriate.
Previous knowledge in "Management and professional organization", "Conservation-restoration projects" and "Methodology of research and documentation" are particularly relevant, since the Master specifically contemplates an extension of the contents of these subjects acquired in the previous degree.Previous knowledge in "Management and professional organization", "Conservation-restoration projects" and "Methodology of research and documentation" are particularly relevant, since the Master specifically contemplates an extension of the contents of these subjects acquired in the previous degree.
Knowledge of languages at B2 level is recommended to facilitate the student's mobility and to be able to opt for external internships abroad..
Element to be valued
|Adequacy of the syllabus of the access degree program to the entry profile.||50%|
|Academic merits: Record of the studies that give access to the program, other degrees and related courses or training.||10%|
|Experience related to the contents of the degree||10%|
|Motivation, assessed by personal interview and motivation letter.||10%|
In case of a tie, the award will be established according to the order of pre-registration.In case of a tie, the award will be established according to the order of pre-registration.
New at(14/XII/2018): Provisional list of those admitted to the III Edition of the ESCRBC Master's Program