Requirements and deadlines
Rules and regulations for access to the ESCRBC
-Order 2369/2011, regulating the entrance examination for Higher Artistic Education Degrees.
-Order EDU/520/2011, which establishes equivalences with the qualifications of Graduate Degree in Compulsory Secondary Education (ESO) and the Spanish Baccalaureate regulated in Organic Law 2/2006.
-Offer of vacancies for new students in the ESCRBC for the 2022-23 academic year.
According to Article 12 of Royal Decree 1614/2009, access to these courses requires applicants to hold the Spanish Baccalaureate Diploma or to have passed the entrance examination for those over 25 years of age, as well as having passed the corresponding specific examination. Besides, Article 56 of Organic Law 2/2006, of 3th May, on Education, states that this specific entrance examination will be aimed at assessing the maturity, knowledge, and aptitudes required to successfully complete these courses.
In accordance with the above, the academic requirements for access to the Degree in Higher Artistic Studies in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage at the ESCRBC are as follows:
- Holding a Spanish Baccalaureate Degree or one considered equivalent for academic purposes and obtaining a place after passing an entrance examination..
- To be in possession of one of the Higher Technical Degrees in Plastic Arts and Design and to have an average mark in this qualification sufficient to obtain a place within the annual quota set aside for this purpose. (This route is commonly known as direct access).
- To have passed the entrance examination for those over 25 years of age and to pass ESCRBC´s entrance examination.
- To have passed the maturity test for students over 18 years of age that, according to their jurisdiction, is offered by the different Autonomous Communities and to pass ESCRBC´s entrance examination.
Both for the purposes of validation of studies and for enrollment in the entrance examination or application for direct access, studies completed under foreign education systems must be previously approved by the corresponding services of the education administration as being equivalent to those carried out under the Spanish education system. Provisionally, proof of having initiated the accreditation procedures may be accepted for enrollment. In this case, failure to grant this will prevent the student from enrolling and taking the course.
More information is available here.
Ordinary Examination Sittings:
- Deadline for registration, submission of documentation at the Secretary's Office (by appointment), and applications by post: from 4 to 26 April 2022.
- Publication of the provisional lists of those admitted and excluded from the examination: 04 May 2022.
- Period for claims against the provisional lists of those admitted and excluded from the examination: 5 and 6 May 2022.
- Publication of the definitive lists of those admitted to and excluded from the examination: 13 May 2022.
- Publication of the timetable for the exercises of the access examination: 17 May 2022.
- Publication of the board of examiners: 06 June 2022.
- Dates of the examination: 27 and 28 June 2022.
- Publication of provisional marks: 04 July 2022.
- Period for claims against provisional marks: 6 and 7 July 2022.
- Publication of the definitive list of marks: 11 July 2022.
- Publication of the definitive list of admitted candidates: 12 July 2022.
- Registration period (by appointment): Pending confirmation.
Indicative information for new Undergraduate students (last update: June 2020)